Code of Conduct
Belden Village Mall, including its buildings, roadways and parking areas, is private property. We have set forth the following Code of Conduct to protect the property’s legitimate business interests and provide you with the best shopping experience possible. By refraining from the activities listed below, together we can achieve a safe and successful environment.
- Use of obscene language or gestures. Racial, religious, gender or ethnic slurs.
- Behavior that is disorderly, disruptive or that endangers others.
- Defacing, damaging, destroying or shoplifting any property.
- Littering is prohibited.
- Running, skating, skateboarding, rollerblading, hover boarding, and bicycling. “Horse play”, loitering, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of customer traffic.
- Fighting, harassment, shouting, offending others, sexually explicit language, or provoking confrontations.
- Use of the property in an improper or unsafe manner.
- Loud behavior, the playing of musical instruments or audio devices, and the blocking of store entrances, walkways, fire exits, or escalators/elevators.
- Clothing that does not adequately cover the body. All patrons must be fully clothed and cannot wear indecent, inappropriate or gang-related attire.
- Clothing that obscures the face, unless worn for cultural, religious or medical conditions, or mandated by public health officials.
- Possession of any item that that could be used as a weapon, including but not limited to firearms, explosives, fireworks, clubs or sticks (except umbrellas, canes and other medical-type devices), knives with blades over 2” in length, or any other object(s) that may be used in any way to inflict bodily injury on another person, even if legally owned.
- Smoking (including vaping and the use of electronic cigarettes) inside the property and within 25 feet of exterior entrances.
- Illegal possession, use, or consumption of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances. The legal consumption of alcoholic beverages may only occur in designated areas.
- Picketing, leafleting, soliciting or petitioning, unless authorized by Belden Village Mall Management.
- Photographing, videotaping or filming, unless authorized by Belden Village Mall Management.
- Sitting on floors, planters, handrails, artwork, escalators, stairs, trash receptacles, or other areas not specifically designed for seating. Benches, chairs, and seating areas are for sitting only.
- Unauthorized overnight parking or camping.
- Groups of 3 or more may be dispersed.
- Only service animals trained to assist and accompanied by persons with disabilities are permitted.
- All guests are required to leave the interior common areas once the property closes for business each evening.
- School truancy policies are strictly enforced.
- Any unattended bags are subject to search and possible seizure.
- Any person who fails to comply with the request of Belden Village Mall Management or Security may be asked to leave the property.
Your entry to Belden Village Mall constitutes your consent to abide by the above rules governing conduct and your acknowledgment that you have no expectation of privacy while you are in the common areas of Belden Village Mall such that you may be photographed and your communications may be overheard or recorded. A violation of this Code of Conduct may result in expulsion from the property and/or other legal action as Belden Village Mall Management deems appropriate. If you have questions regarding the Code of Conduct, please contact the Management Office. Management reserves the right to amend the Code of Conduct at any time.
Thank you for both your anticipated cooperation and for shopping at Belden Village Mall.